Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's a Parrot AR drone, the ultimate boy's toy
The sky's the limit for thrills and fun with the Parrot AR drone 2.0 - a quadrocopter with a built-in HD camera. Controlled by your iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch or Android smartphone, the drone will stream real time video from the camera (720p) onto your touchscreen. Connecting via a Wi-Fi signal created by the drone, the spectacular footage can be recorded onto a memory card in the drone and then uploaded onto YouTube.
Leaner, faster and smarter than its younger brother (1.0), the 2.0 is crammed with electrical measurement gizmos. It has on board a 1GHz processor to calculate data from the 3-axis magnetometer, 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axi gyroscope and 2 ultrasound sensors. All of this makes it nice and simple to fly, as it constantly levels itself. It has two flying modes, indoors or out, and has a protective hull for indoor flying to stop it from damaging your belongings with its four rotary blades. The connection to your smartphone allows augmented reality gaming, download apps to shoot baddies or compete against another Parrot drone. It will even perform a 360 degree flip on the touch of a button.
Features you'll love :
- Use your tablet/Android phone/iPhone to control the drone and record video
- Capture amazing birds-eye footage – integrated HD camera (720p)
- Upload your amazing videos onto YouTube and share with friends
- Indoors or outdoor use – two different control modes and detachable protective hull
- Easy to fly – tilt your tablet to steer and use the auto-pilot to take off and land
- Dogfight with your mates or virtual Augmented Reality baddies on your phone
- 50 metre range
Fly and record in HD
Fly and record in HD
Soar high with the new AR.Drone 2.0, Parrot's next generation quadricopter, thanks to its intuitive Smartphone and tablet control. You'll never be closer to flying as you view the earth from high above in high definition and directly share your experience online with the world.
HD VIDEO RECORDING
Get high definition live video streaming to your Smartphone or tablet as you are flying. See a clean, sharp image just as if you were in the pilot seat.
- HD Camera. 720p 30fps
- Wide angle lens : 92° diagonal
- Video storage on the fly with Wi-Fi directly on your remote device or on a USB Key
- H264 encoding base profile
- Low latency streaming
- Traveling, Pan, Crane predefined autopilot modes for video recording
- JPEG photo capture
Trying your most daring tricks won't even challenge this cutting edge design which is made to last.
- Foam to isolate the inertial center from the engines' vibrations
- Expanded Polypropylene (EPP) hulls
- Carbon fibre tubes : Total weight 380g with outdoor hull, 420g with indoor hull
- High grade 30% fibre charged nylon plastic parts
- Liquid Repellent Nano-Coating on ultrasound sensors
- Fully reparable: All parts and instructions for repairing available on the internet
AR.Drone 2.0 on-board technology gives you extreme precision control and automatic stabilisation features.
Fly high. Fly fast. Far away from the ground.
- 3 elements 1.000 mA/H LiPo rechargeable battery
- Specific high propelled drag for great maneuverability
- 8 MIPS AVR CPU per motor controller
- 4 brushless inrunner motors. 14.5 watt and 28 500 rpm when hovering
- Self-lubrificating bronze bearings
- Tempered steel propeller shafts
- Low noise Nylatron gears for 8.625 propeller reductor
- Micro ball bearing
- Rare earth magnets
- Emergency stop controlled by software
- Fully reprogrammable motor controller
- Water resistant motor's electronic controller
Control the AR.Drone 2.0 with your Smartphone (iPhone®, iPod® Touch, Android™ 2.2 and above) or tablet (iPad™ or Android™) for an instinctive piloting experience. Your movements command the AR.Drone 2.0.
- Download a free App to control the AR.Drone, App available on the Apple App Store or the Google Play store.
- Tilt your Smartphone or tablet to pilot the AR.Drone 2.0.
- Several control modes from beginner to expert including the new patented "Absolute Control" mode. Be a flying ace in 5 minutes, tops!
- Record and share videos on YouTube and pictures on Picasa straight from the piloting interface.
- USB key recording option.
- The flip! Access to a new exclusive acrobatic move letting you perform barrel rolls as you are flying!
- Store and share your flight data (time, speed, altitude …) to unlock community achievements.
- Geolocate your flights and connect with a community of pilots to discover the best flying spots and videos from all over the world or check who is flying in your neighbourhood.